Car VIN Decoder- Meaning of the Numbers and Letters
The role of an Auto VIN decoder is to solve out the exclusive alphanumeric sequence called the Vehicle Identification Number. Every vehicle has its own 17-digit VIN code and it forms to the identification number or finger print of the car, used to generate a Vehicle Historical Report. Let’s find out the meaning of VIN codes in a vehicle.
Note- The Letters “I”, “O”, “Q” are not used in any VIN numbers.
- For instance we use the VIN code 2FTRX181XCA01212.
The first digit displays the manufacturing country. It can be a letter or number. Some of them are:
Y- Sweden, Finland, W- Germany, K-Korea, J-Japan, 1,2 and 3 are USA, Canada and Mexico respectively.
- The 2nd and 3rd digit displays the make.
Like V- Volkswagen, T- Toyota, F- Ford, B- Dodge, J- Jeep, N- Nissan, G is for General Motors.
- The 4th digit represents the restraint system type.
Like R means Hydraulic breaks
- The 5th 6th and 7th digit represent the vehicle line, its series as well as body type. It is different for different models and makes.
- The 8th digit is its engine
Like W is a sign of 4.6l v-8 engine
- The 10th digit showcases the year of the car manufacture. While B represents 1981 model, 5 is the sign of a 2005 model vehicle.
- The 11th digit represents the assembly plant
For instance, C signifies Ontario, Canada
- The digits 12- 17 indicate the unique fingerprint of the vehicle. These 6 digit make every vehicle different from one another.
Comments are closed.