Why You Should Go To West Bengal!
You don’t need reasons to enjoy some of the best sweet dishes ever made in India, but there’s more to West Bengal than you think. Read on…
Sited in east of India, is a land filled with sweetness, music and diversity. West Bengal is filled with great history and some interesting places to visit. Bengal is talked about in Mahabharata, which shows how old and essential this state is. The geographical location stretches from the grand Himalayas to the Bay of Bengal, and you will experience some spectacular landscapes while in Bengal. So, here are few places to see when you plan a trip to Bengal…
- Kolkata: You cannot miss out on the capital of the city! Kolkata is the largest metropolitan in India. This place is said to be more than 2 thousand years old and the ethnicity and rich culture says it all. When you are in Kolkata, gulp down on some delicious sweets and visit the Howrah bridge, Science city, Mother house, Fort William, Eco Tourism park, Botanical gardens, Marble palace and many other attractions. You would need about 2 to 3 days to see all these intriguing places in Kolkata.
- Darjeeling: If you want to get away from all the hectic city life, then Darjeeling is the perfect place. This hill station is filled with snowy mountains, stunning greenery, views of the Himalayas and so much more. The colourful land is picture perfect and is filled with tea leaves, white magnolias, birds of various types and snow covered Kanchenjunga. Do you need any more reasons to settle down at Darjeeling?
- Bankura: The western place of West Bengal is historic and artistic. Tourists in Bankura can indulge in a lot of adventures like hiking and trekking. Apart from that, you should visit the Biharinath Hill, Susunia Hills, Mukutmonipur Dam, Rasmancha and many other places.
- Siliguri: If you want to enjoy splendid sights of Himalayas, then you should visit Siliguri. It is well-known for its tea and timber. The tea gardens and forests on the slopes give a picturesque view to the land. Go to the Isckon temple, Coronation Bridge, Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary and few other places while in Siliguri.
- Hoogly: Not very popular but Hoogly is yet another fascinatingvacationer destination for a lot of reasons. This place is considered holy as Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Sarada Devi lived there for many years. Hoogly has an ancient significance as it bears influences of various countries like Portuguese, France and Denmark.
- Cooch Behar: This district is in the north-eastern part of Bengal and to its south and west lays the Indo Bangladesh border. This land has influences of the Mughal era. It isn’t just famous for the ancient monuments but also for the stunning and huge water bodies. See the Cooch Behar palace when you make a visit to this place.
These are just some attractions in West Bengal, there are several others, which you could go to and enjoy your vacation. Take a train when you go to Bengal since you will experience a lot of gorgeous landscapes in the way. Also, book your food for train journey in advance so you get good dishes to eat during the journey.
Author’s bio: The author loves taking trips and sharing her experiences through her writings. Read some of her other travel experiences on www.travelkhana.com
Comments are closed.