A Venture Through MUOET
For admission to undergraduate engineering courses at three institutes affiliated to the Manipal University: Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Manipal University Jaipur and Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology MUOET are conducted. MUOET which is an Online Entrance Test is scheduled to be held from April 14th, 2016 to May 18th, 2016 in multiple cities for the academic session 2016-17. Candidates will be offered admission in the aforesaid three institutions provided they qualify the Entrance Exam with minimum 50% marks.
During the academic session 2015-16 MUOET was conducted in 46 cities across India. As per official of Manipal University, the total number of candidates, who appeared for MUOET in 2015, was nearly 50,000 for as many as 2,160 B.Tech seats.
MUOET Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 or A Level or IB or American 12th grade or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
- Candidates aspiring to seek admission must have studied Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects with optional subjects being Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology.
MUOET Application Process
Candidates have to apply Online at the official website of Manipal University from October 20, 2015 to March 11, 2016. Steps involved in the Application Process:
- Providing basic information
- Selecting programmes
- Giving contact information
- Providing details of education qualification
- Confirming form submission
MUOET Application Fees
Candidates are required to pay an application fee of Rs.1400 towards the Application Fee. The amount can be paid via either of the two modes:
- Online Payment: Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- Demand Draft: A Demand Draft of Rs.1400 has to be made in favour of Manipal University, payable at Manipal or Udupi.
MUOET Exam Pattern
Duration of the Manipal University Online Entrance Test 2016 will be of 2.5 hours.
The total number of questions: 200 Questions
- Mathematics – 70 questions
- Chemistry- 50 questions
- Physics – 50 questions
- English & General Aptitude- 30 questions
Following are the cutoff ranks of last year for B. Tech. Courses under AICTE Category:
MUOET 2015 Closing Rank after the Third Round of Counselling
|Branch||MIT, Manipal||MU, Dubai||SMIT, Sikkim||MUJ, Jaipur||MIU, Malaysia|
|Computer & Communication||6736||39337||41892|
|Electrical & Electronics||9412||36368||39907|
|Electronics & Communication||5079||40423||33765|
|Instrumentation & Control||31034|
|Industrial & Production||25618|
|Printing and Media Technology||37385|
To know more MU OET visit www.motachashma.com
Comments are closed.