Direct Admission Of Students Abroad 2016
Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD) offers Foreign National, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) opportunity to undertake education in premier centrally funded institutions. By the means of Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) Foreigners, PIOs and NRI students can get admission in undergraduate courses in architecture & planning and engineering programmes in government institutes such as NITs, IIITs, and other centrally funded technical institutes.
For the academic session 2016-17, the responsibility of managing the admission process of DASA 2016 lies with NIT, Srinagar. The foreign candidates will be offered admission on the basis of their performance in Mathematics Level 2, Physics and Chemistry i.e. SAT subject and the minimum test score required for admission is 1440. There are total 2345 seats, which are to be filled by the means of DASA admission process.
In the following article we will have a look at some of the important information related to DASA 2016, its admission process and various other details:
- Eligibility: In order to be eligible for admission by the means of DASA 2016 the foreign students need to fulfill the following eligibility conditions:
- Age: The candidate needs to be born on or after October 01, 1991.
- Academic Qualification: The student must have cleared class 12 or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or Bio-technology or Computer Science or Biology from any institution or system of education recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Residential requirements: The Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin candidates making application for DASA 2016should have completed their qualifying examination from any country.
- For Indian Students: Candidate should have cleared class 11 & 12 from institutions located outside India.
- Minimum Marks: The students should have scored at least 60% or equivalent marks in academic subjects while minimum total valid SAT score required for admission is 1440.
- Application: The applications will be entertained by NIT Srinagar and the candidates need to make online application on the website and upload the required documents.
- The SAT score of the candidate is to be sent to NIT Srinagar through College Board, USA.
- Application Fee: The candidates are required to make payment of USD 300 as the non-refundable application fee for DASA 2016.
- In addition to the application fee, applicants are also required to pay a tuition fee of the first Therefore, candidates are advised to make applications only after ensuring that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions.
- Important Dates: The registration for DASA 2016 will start on April 01, 2016 and the last date to complete the registration formalities is June 01, 2016 and the allotment of seats will start from June 08, 2016.
For updates and more information related to Direct Admission of Students Abroad 2016, visit www.MotaChashma.com
Comments are closed.