Look 10 Years Younger: Top Anti-aging Products
So you must have been following developments in anti-aging skincare closely. After all, whether you are in your 20s now or way into your 50s, you know that skin aging is real and it will happen to you, if it hasn’t already.
Truth is, there is no way — no product, no procedure, not even a lifestyle — that can absolutely shield your skin from growing a wrinkle or showing off an age spot. Unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do but cope with aging skin. The next best thing that you can do though is to aim to always be at least 10 years younger than your real age.
How to look 10 Years Younger?
The solution requires more than just the religious application of your wrinkle care cream, perhaps Celleral, and instead calls for a holistic approach to how you treat your skin and how you make choices for your health and wellness.
As for your anti-aging products, there are at least five products you shouldn’t miss in your aging skincare regimen:
1. Exfoliant. Skin at any age needs to be exfoliated regularly to appear healthy and transformed every time. Use mild exfoliants only. Alpha hydroxy acids, which includes glycolic acid, lactic acid and citric acid, are tough enough to slough off and eliminate dry and damaged skin on the surface along with the dried up excess oils and dirt. Exfoliate twice weekly only. No need to overdo it or it will damage your skin.
2. Anti-aging serum. Essence for Asians, an anti-aging serum often contains more beneficial skin ingredients at higher concentrations. Your aging skin cannot possibly obtain too much of the good stuff so go ahead and load up day and night. Some of the ingredients to look for are peptides, hyaluronic acid, co-enzyme Q10, antioxidants and ceramides.
3. Eye serum or cream. Eye cream is specially important for aging skin, as the skin becomes drier in general the scanty number of oil glands underneath simply cannot supply your aging skin’s moisture requirements. Make sure that your eye cream contains higher concentrations of ingredients beneficial to your skin.
4. Anti-wrinkle cream — for day and night. There simply cannot be just one anti-aging cream that you can use for day and for night. That’s because the purpose of your daytime anti-aging regimen must be protection while your evening regimen must prioritize repair, renewal and regeneration. Creams like Celleral, which contain retinols, must be reserved for night time use. Retinol breaks down in sunlight and will therefore be a waste to use during the day.
5. Sunscreen. Top off your day time skincare regimen with a broad spectrum sunscreen that’s at least SPF 30. Be careful in picking out your sunscreens. Sun protection products are notoriously toxic, and the safest ones seems to be mineral sunscreens made from Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide or both. Kick up your anti-aging protection with a sunscreen that contains antioxidants for added protection from UV and from the cell-damaging effects of free radicals.
Whichever anti-aging product category you deem your skin needs, always make it a point to check the labels. Make sure that it isn’t your anti-aging product that will make your skin age faster!
Increase your Chances at Beating Skin Aging
Even if you signed up every anti-aging product category in your skincare regimen, simply flooding your skin with anti-aging products isn’t going to bring about long-term positive impact that lasts. You have to do the following as well:
Get enough sleep every night.
Obtain the nutrients your skin needs from your diet, most importantly antioxidants and anti-inflammatories from walnuts, almonds, flaxseed and fatty fish.
Drink enough fluids to keep your body and your skin hydrated all the time.
Learn to cope better with matters that stress you out.
Develop a hobby that makes you happy and which makes you feel good about yourself.
Exercise at least three up to four times weekly. Do a mix of cardiovascular exercises and weight training exercises.
Get skin procedures done every so often because these services do help rejuvenate your skin.
When it comes to caring for aging skin, it’s not the hefty price tag that comes with your beauty bottle that makes the difference, it’s the potion inside that makes a difference. None will, however, work enough wonders if you continue to make unhealthy lifestyle choices.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Please mark all required fields.
You must be logged in to post a comment.