Low-Volume Manufacturing Services
If you want to conduct functional testing and design of metal and molded parts, low volume manufacturing is the perfect solution for all your industrial problems. The number of finished parts will range anywhere from 50-10,000 parts. If you need the production of a few machined parts or products at APT-Mold, we offer a wide range of prototype services.
What are Quick Parts and Low Volume Manufacturing
Low volume manufacturing is a fully customized service that produced machined and quality parts that are usually 10,000 or less making it one of the most popular manufacturing services for most industrial sectors.
Low volume manufacturing offers quick solutions for the production of complex parts with the ability to make swift revisions in a repetitive manner.
Advantages of Low-volume Manufacturing
Well, if you ask yourself how can low-volume manufacturing aid or develop your business. Let’s look at some of the benefits.
- Forms a bridge between mass production and few prototypes
- Saves the average lead times
- It’s economical and cost-saving
- Early assessment of tool designs and part performance of machined parts and prototypes.
- Early and quick confirmation of thermoplastic selections before the commencement of mass production
- Spec resins for factual functional assessment.
Plastic Injection Molding
Prototype injection molding is a production process that uses a pressure powered using an injection machine that injects hot molded plastics onto the cavity, which cools and finally forming solid parts.
Why opt for prototype plastic injection? What are some of the benefits?
- High precision and production efficiency perfect for mass production of the low, medium, and high quantity and your desired quantity of plastic manufacturing.
- It reduces material usage especially when you are using a hot runner system
- Used in the manufacturing for complex parts that other processes don’t produce, hand load inserts, or lifter. Prototype injection molding is suitable for complicated mechanical structure, interchangeable insert that will save you a lot of cost in the long run.
- Manufacturing of parts with dimension stability or products with high dimension requirements.
- The use of automated molding systems doesn’t stop, the run through day and night that will significantly shorten production lead times that will cater to your urgent usage or large quantity needs.
- Plastic injection molding in the long term is very effective, economical, and cost-saving, especially when it comes to multi-cavity tooling.
CNC milling is used for a wide variety of metal and plastic material. Some of the most commonly used plastic materials include ABS, Polypropylene, PMMA (like Plexiglas® acrylic), PC (polycarbonate, Lexan®), Nylon, POM (Delrin® acetal) and so much more.
For metal materials, also include Aluminum, Low-Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Brass, Copper, to mention a few. For prototype injection molding at APT-Mold, we employ advanced technology for Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM). We also employ experienced and qualified technicians that will produce high-quality parts as it was originally intended.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Please mark all required fields.
You must be logged in to post a comment.